- Help Desk
CartMagician Platform – How to convert 2D into 3D & AR (USDZ /GLB Converter)
What you will learn
Getting started: Learn how to use CartMagician to create 3D augmented reality experiences from your everyday 2D (JPEG and PNG) images.
How to use 'CartMagician 2D Converter'
- 00:00:03: To begin, go to the top navigation.
- 00:00:03: Select 'New Conversion' then select '2D Conversion' to open.
- 00:00:11: Get ready, in 4 easy steps you'll have a new augmented reality file!
- 00:00:14: Step 1: Type in a project name.
- 00:00:07: Step 2: Add your Image.
- 00:00:07: Drag 'n' drop a JPEG or transparent PNG file onto the converter.
- 00:00:30: A green tick will appear once uploaded.
- 00:00:27: Step 3: Select a free 3D template like this mounted artwork frame option.
- 00:00:30: You can also have one created if you cannot find a template that suits.
- 00:00:30: Specify the output height size - it should be the same height as the real item.
- 00:00:38: Step 4: Select 'Start Conversion'.
- 00:00:43: Your image is combined with our template and is delivered to you
- 00:00:43: as perfectly optimised WebAR files in USDZ and GLB formats
- 00:00:54: that you can add directly to your website or online store.
- 00:00:54: You can view an interactive 3D preview of the conversion on this screen
- 00:00:54: and you'll see a mobile friendly QR code you can scan to preview the AR results on your device.
- 00:00:48: You can now export and share the hosted URL links, web embeds,
- 00:00:55: 'View in AR' shareable buttons, add customised iFrames and more.
- 00:00:55: Your 2D conversion is now complete and will be saved in the Project Gallery.
- 00:01:01: Try your own 2D conversion now.